The COVID-19 pandemic and an overburdened USPS system are causing delays and service interruptions, both domestically and internationally. This will affect our daily operations, but we will do our best to post regular updates here.
Monday / 28 NOV 2021
The holiday season is upon us! Remember: The USPS and other delivery services will be slowed. I think it is still safe to expect delays, which I anticipate will only increase as we get closer to the holidays. Plan accordingly, and when in doubt...get the expedited shipping.
Our holiday schedule:
- The shop will be closed (and ordering on the website will be turned off) from Dec. 23–Dec. 31. We will be away on holiday, so no orders will be accepted and none will be getting shipped out.
- Custom cable orders will be suspended starting on December 1. We'll have enough to keep us busy through the holidays, so orders will be suspended until we are back in January. If you have a cable emergency, you can always email us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Wednesday / 27 JAN 2021
International Shipping via DHL
We've reinstated international shipping, but only via DHL for now. If you have questions or need clarification about a rate, please feel free to reach out via email. Please note, international orders may be subject to local import duties/fees and will be the responsibility of the buyer. We do not pre-pay the import duties/fees owed. We can help you determine what you may owe in advance if you are unsure, just let us know. Thank you for your patience!
Wednesday / 09 DEC 2020
With the holiday rush in full swing, please expect packages sent via USPS and UPS to face delays. We have already started seeing some delays with some of our shipments. If you have any questions about a shipment from us, please reach out and we'll do our best to help you out.
Thursday / 01 OCT 2020
International shipping is looking...good?
We've recently sent a handful of test shipments across the globe via USPS First Class. So far, a few have already arrived in a normal timeframe. If the other packages fare as well, we may be able to open up international USPS shipments soon. Fingers crossed. For now, the only option available will still be UPS. Thanks for hanging tough. Hopefully the on-time test deliveries we've been seeing will continue.
Wednesday / 23 SEP 2020
International shipping is available via UPS, but USPS is still on hold.
We are currently offering UPS shipping options for international orders. The cost is significantly higher, but it is faster with more reliable tracking. We have sent a few "test" packages to some international destinations this week via USPS, so if those go relatively well we may open that option back up soon. Thanks for your patience!
Monday / 17 AUG 2020
Domestic deliveries may slower than usual.
In case you haven't noticed, the USPS is under a lot of stress at the moment. The removal of sorting machines (at our local distribution center), increased mail volume nation-wide, layoffs, and restricted overtime hours have begun causing a slow-down in mail delivery in some cases. When placing orders, please anticipate that delivery times may be slower than usual.
Monday / 11 MAY 2020
We have temporarily discontinued international shipping.
With the exception of our friends in Canada, we are temporarily discontinuing orders from outside of the US. The international orders we have been sending are (mostly) arriving, but they are taking an extremely long time (some are 6 weeks or more) and have been wildly inconsistent. Until we can get a better understanding on how long deliveries are taking, we don't feel comfortable continuing to ship packages when the USPS system appears so overwhelmed.
We are exploring other options, and as soon as we can find a comfortable alternative that is reasonably priced (or until USPS catches up) we will enable international ordering again. We do not have a timeline on when this will be.
If you are an international customer that has an order form us en route, please be patient. If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to drop us an email anytime and we'll be happy to help out.
Thanks again! We will post more updates as we have them.
Saturday / 18 APR 2020
We have been informed that USPS Priority and First-Class packages may require more time to be delivered due to limited transportation availability as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 impacts to the United States.
- Priority Mail’s two and three day service commitments now will be extended to three and four days respectively.
- First-Class' two and three day service commitments will also be extended to three and four days respectively.
International packages to countries that are still deliverable have been moving very slowly, so we ask for your patience if your tracking hasn't been updated recently. Items have been slow to process through US facilities, as everything domestically is slowed.
If you are ordering internationally (outside of the USA), please know that your delivery will be likely be delayed (some have been delayed weeks), and if you have timely needs suggest that you reach out to us before placing an order.
As a reminder, USPS has also suspended delivery to many countries. Up to date country-by-country info can be found here:
Friday / 3 APR 2020
As of this week, the United States Postal Service has placed shipping restrictions on 22 countries, with another 29 to be added on April 7.
If you are ordering from an affected country, you may see an error message when you attempt to check out and you will not be able to complete the transaction. This measure is in effect until further notice, per the USPS.
To check the status of your country, please check out this page for up-to-date information.
Thursday / 2 APR 2020
To celebrate 4/20, every order will receive a free "Mr. Nice Nug" air freshener (while supplies last)! He is lemon-scented, and the scent is strong. If you'd prefer not to receive one with your order, please leave us a note somewhere in the order comments. Thanks again for being excellent, we hope Mr. Nice Nug can bring a little bit of joy and lemon-y freshness to your workspace, home, apartment, basement, or vehicle :)
Wednesday / 1 APR 2020
For the next week, we are accepting donations for Direct Relief to help the fight against COVID-19. If you are making a purchase, consider adding on a small donation. Every little bit matters, and we think it's worthwhile. We will match your donation and give you some freebies to boot! You can learn more about it on the donation page. Thank you!
Friday / 27 MAR 2020
While we haven't had any issues with materials we source being unavailable during this crisis, we're noticing delivery times on supplies is becoming slower. Many of our vendors/manufacturers are working with reduced staff and facing (in some cases) increased demand.
If you notice an item out of stock on the site, please be patient. It will be back in stock soon! We will be doing our best to keep accurate inventory on the site, and make sure it is updated regularly.
Some items of note:
- Matte Black Detachable DIY Kits will be back in stock sometime today.
- LEMO connectors should be back in stock sometime next week.
- Clear Techflex is backordered from manufacturer, expected to be delivered sometime in the next 1–2 weeks. We have a small amount on hand, but are reserving it for DIY Kits until it is gone.
Tuesday / 24 MAR 2020
We have relocated to our basement workshop (the Zap Annex!), and have made purchasing available again on the website. I'm sure we'll run into some roadblocks that we haven't anticipated yet as we dig back in, but we'll keep everyone updated here as the weeks progress.
- Inventory may be weird for a bit. We are awaiting some deliveries that have been re-routed from our shop address. The inventory may be a little volatile this week as it all gets sorted out. If something you are looking for is out of stock or missing as a menu option, it's because we don't have it in the Zap Annex and are awaiting re-supply.
- Readymade Cable batches will be de-prioritized. Since we are working from home, our two part-time co-workers will not be able to contribute remotely. This is a significant hit to our operation. Angela and I will be handling everything, and DIY orders will be our primary focus. We will make new readymade batches as we can.
- Delivery time on orders may increase by a day or so. We are going to schedule daily USPS mail pickups while we work from home, which may add a day or so to order delivery times. You can expect to see a shipping confirmation email as usual, but the tracking may not update for a day or so while your package is awaiting pickup.